Building Permits Regulations for Tornado Area
2013 TORNADO PERMITS NEW CONSTRUCTION/ MAJOR ALTERATION/ ADDITION
1. 50% Brick or Masonry. Siding that looks like brick or masonry to meet this requirement will not be accepted. EXCEPTION-Foxglove Addition, where there are no bricking requirements.
2. Minimum 1,000 sf, or the minimum square footage set by the covenants and restrictions.
3. Minimum 1-car attached garage.
4. Sidewalks will be required if the lot had sidewalks prior to the May 20, 2013 tornado.
5. Signed and Notarized Liability Waiver for re-use of slab, if applicable.
6. Legal Lot Combinations will not be allowed in R-2 or R-3 zoning.
1. Be sure to turn in 1 set of elevations along with your building plans, with brick or masonry noted.
2. Check the floodplain! Contact Kent Sanmann, 793-5054, for more information.
3. Maximum lot coverage for the home is 40%.
4. Give a little extra time for review and approval of a tornado lot. 5-10 working days is a good rule of thumb.
See Attached File for additional information.