Parks Improvement Projects
March 2015 Status Report
- Aquatic Park is under construction - underground work is in progress for pool and pipes.
- Recreation Center - Framing is being completed on the building.
- Farmers Market and Amphitheater - under contruction
Buck Thomas Park
- Restroom at playground is 90% completed.
- Baseball complex - New scoreboards, 2 new shade structures over concourse, batting cages installed this spring.
- Softball complex - New fences, bleachers, shade structures, concessions, restrooms and concrete work in the concourse.
Greenbriar and Cottonwood Parks
- New playgrounds will be installed in late Spring.
- Wall of Honor is completed, additional landscaping will be completed in the area at the correct planting times.
- Wall of Honor Dedication Ceremony will take place in late spring.
Little River Park
- Work is on hold at this time.
September 2014 Status Report
- Restroom nearing completion
- Playground Complete
- Walking Trail Complete
- Wall of Honor Construction started with expected completion date of November 11
Madison Place Park
- Concrete work and benches to be installed
Buck Thomas Park
- Bid for tennis courts awarded
- Planning for Parking and Athletic Field improvements
August 2014 Status Report
- Pavilion completed. Patrons can now rent pavilion (6 tables under pavilion)
Little River Park
- Playground is completed (opened week of July 28th)
Buck Thomas Park
- Tennis Court project was bid and approved by City Council
- The 4 new courts will replace the ones at Fairmoore Park.
- Construction should start in early September with an anticipated completion date in late Fall (weather permitting)
- Water and sewer lines are being installed on property
- Site work is still ongoing
- Work has started on the access drives and parking lots on the property
July 2014 Status Report
- Central Park site work is nearing completion and the general contactor will be in place on August 1st to begin the 62 week building project.
- Apple Valley Park has a new pavilion and the splashpad has been updated. Shade structures have been built to cover 4 seating areas.
- Little River Park's new playground will begin construction July 15th and should be open by August 1st.
- Veterans Park's Wall of Honor should begin construction the end of July.
- Buck Thomas Park will be home to 4 new Tennis Courts. The courts should be open by the end of 2014.
April 2014 Status Report:
- Parmele Park will open on May 1st.
- Apple Valley: Expect restroom to be completed May 1st
- Little River Park: 2nd Pavilion is under construction, Parking lot is nearing completion.
- Veterans Park : work on drainage channel, restroom is under construction, playground is under construction, Brigde has been installed.
- Madison Place Park: New playground is open.
- Central Park: dirtwork will start in mid May and aiming for a late summer 2015 opening of the recreation center and aquatic facility.
February 2014 Status Report:
- Brand Senior Center: 2500 Sq Ft Expansion completed
- Apple Valley Park: Restroom near completion
- Little River Park: Complete North Loop of walking trail, new benches, picnic tables, repair parking lot.
- Paramele Park: Walking trail lights will be completed in March, Opening date of the park will be announced towards the end of March.
- Veterans Memorial Park: Widening of creek channel to help with maintenance of creek and installation of the new bridge. Wall of Honor in final design.
December 2013 Status report:
- Arbor Gardens: The restroom is finished and open. Pavilion to be completed after the first of the year.
- Kiwanis Park: The pavilion is finished.
- Apple Valley: The pavilion and restroom are under construction (due for a January/Feb completion).
- Parmele Park: Parking lot was completed about 2 weeks ago. OG+E will have a crew on site in about 3 weeks to install the park lights. City contractor will then install walking trail and sidewalks. Pavilion should be completed in about 3 weeks as well.
- Little River Park: Phase I of new walking trail is under construction. Pavilion and restroom are under construction as well (90% complete). Parking lot to be resurfaced in the next 2-4 weeks also.
- Veterans Park: Wall of Honor is being designed at the present time. Replacement of damaged walking trail should begin in about a month. Over 700 names submitted so far. Last day to submit a name is Dec 31.
- Madison Place Park: Storm damaged playground removed about 2 weeks ago.
- Senior Center Expansion: Crews should finish the 2,000 sf addition to the Senior Center by Dec 15th.
Listed below you will find the list of projects that will be paid for by the 1/4 Cent Sales Tax that voters approved in November 2012. The sales tax will begin collection on April 1, 2013 and end on March 31, 2017.
The first project began in December 2012 and was the replacement of the Walking Trail at Kiwanis Park.
Veterans Memorial Park (SE 4th & Bryant) -
Veterans Wall of Honor
Water feature (construction of a new pond)
Landscaping, lighting, benches
Rebuild current restroom
Little River Park (SW 4th & Telephone Rd) -
This park sustained major damage in the May 20th Tornado. Staff and Parks Board Members are looking into plans to rebuild this park bigger and better then before the storms.
Buck Thomas Park (12th & Eastern Ave.) -
New 1-mile walking trail
New permanent restroom
Shade structures (around playgrounds)
Rebuild existing walking trail
Large new parking area
Improvements to Athletic facilities
Kiwanis Park (501 East Main)
Replace existing walking trail -Completed Dec 2012
New Pavilion - Completed
Arbor Gardens (34th & Telephone Rd) -
New permanent restroom - Waiting on Electricity
New Pavilion - rock and brick work underway
Apple Valley Park (34th & Eastern) -
Build a new walking trail
Enhance existing sprayground
Fairmoore Park (5th & Telephone Rd) -
Completely rebuild this park
Playground, sprayground, walking trail, pavilion, landscaping, lighting etc…
Westmoore Trails Park (SW 22nd & Lonnie Lane)
Madison Place Park (Stonebridge Drive)
Cottonwood Park (SW 2nd & Santa Fe)
Greenbriar Park (Santa Fe & 6th Place)
Senior Center Expansion (510 East Main) -
Expand Brand Senior Center (2,000sf)
Parmele Park (12th & Janeway) *NEW PARK* -
New 1/3 mile walking trail
Quail Ridge Park (SE 24th & Eastern) *NEW PARK*
4-new tennis courts (replacing the ones at Fairmoore Park)
Brand Senior Center Expansion